8.11.2011

bridal shower inspiration.

My best friend got engaged a few months ago- I couldn't be happier for the two of them.  After she asked me to be her maid of honor I went into full planning mode.  I am over the days of the awkward Sunday afternoon bridal showers- we are too young and fun to sit in a circle and stare at eachother.  So why not do what we do best- cocktail hour! 

Another friend of mine got married last year and her bridesmaids threw the best bridal shower I have ever been to.  It was an evening get together with a 1950's theme (Mad Men style)- complete with dirty martini's, red lipstick, peep toe heels, pencil skirts and a whole lot of good food. Everything was done with class and nothing was shoddy or kitschy.

I think I'm going to go ahead and steal their evening idea and run with it. 

I have done some searching around on the internet and below are my inspirations so far-












1 comment:

  1. Awwww, I also thought my bridesmaids pulled off the best bridal shower I have ever been to. The night shower is so much more relaxing and fun! The planning and preparing for these things is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete